An insightful article from Robert Stockdill, “Eight trends of shopfitting”, recently published in Inside Retailing, an Australian magazine, delivers the results of interviews with some shop fitters. It highlights 8 major trends:
- More frequent and less costly shop upgrades;
- Higher demand for building environments rather than building displays;
- Closer attention to construction materials due to increasing use of technology;
- Optimization of usable space;
- “Cost-effective flooring”;
- Increasing pressure “to use environmentally friendly materials and practices”;
- A broader range of services.